Sunday, January 27, 2013

A New Year... A New Direction?

Happy 2013 everyone! Thank you for reading all my other posts in other years. I have a back catalogue to post. Namely, my Afghan recipe and that's about it. We have been cooking and discovering and changing, but I haven't taken any pictures and there's been nothing I can think of at the moment that is in need of a mention. In saying that, I have made gorgeous Chili Chutney, delightful Afghans and the Jerk chicken is marinating. There are plenty of interesting things to update you on.

And this year, with the time and direction we are going in, I feel like I'll be able to get in depth and personal about our food and cooking experiences.

This weekend we have rediscovered our favourite market and I think, with that, an appreciation of the food we cook. I am making sure we  are eating 'Just Real Food.' And as many variations on that as you can expect 2 people to want to eat and enjoy, what I really want to take from that is that I know where my food is coming from.

I have never been a cake-out-of-a-box girl, but even more so now I want to cook from scratch. I want to get the fruit and veg that are in abundance at the market and make my jams and chutneys from real ingredients. Over the last 18months my body has shown me again and again that a "Paleo" diet is what it responds best to. I have lost and maintained the loss of 23kgs and am on the road, with a full 'Paleo' diet and exercise to lose the last 7kgs as well. It has also opened my eyes to a fabulous amount of alternative cooking and baking and I hope to share some of those gems with you. There are some things that prove a weakness still, and i can assure you with the help of the 'Gordon' challenge this year we will be exploring new ground and developing the classics. So join me if you will, take on a new recipe from Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course cookbook each month, one that we choose and let me know how you served/cooked/adapted it.

Let's get cooking everyone! Let's get eating!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment